WAYS TO GIVE BACK
When you are involved with the Kettle Moraine YMCA, you help bring about lasting personal and social change. Whether you want to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve your or your family’s health and well-being, or give back and support your neighbors, your involvement with the Y will positively impact those in your community.
If you have a few hours to spare and would like to help carry out the mission of the Y, please complete the Volunteer Application. To ensure the volunteer experience is rewarding for everyone, applicants will be contacted for a personal interview to discuss skills, knowledge, time commitment, and any training required.
What is the age requirement to volunteer at the Kettle Moraine YMCA?
- All volunteer roles have an age requirement, and ages to volunteer in roles may vary.
How do I volunteer at the Y?
- Complete a volunteer application. Within a few days of receiving your application, you will be contacted for a personal interview to discuss skills, experience, availability, and interest. This process can take a few days, but sometimes it can take a few months. Again, our cause is strengthening our community, and it’s our goal to make sure that all Y staff and volunteers are high quality
Is there a dress code? What should I wear?
- Closed-toed shoes are required for all volunteer locations. Volunteers will dress appropriately for the conditions and performance of their duties.
Does the Y accept court-ordered community service?
- Because of the absolute need to ensure child safety, the Kettle Moraine YMCA does not accept any court-ordered community service from courts or probation officers. The Y does allow school-based required community service in alignment with opportunities and the policies above.
I don’t have a lot of time; can I still volunteer?
- Yes! Many of the Y’s opportunities only require a couple of hours a week of your time. Also, our special event volunteer opportunities require only a few hours every few months.
Do I get a free membership for volunteering?
- No. At the Y, a volunteer is anyone who, without compensation or expectation of compensation beyond reimbursement, performs a task at the direction of and on behalf of the Y. We are not able to offer free memberships to volunteers. However, the Y provides health and wellness and values-based programming for all, regardless of their ability to pay.